Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GSM Application (Read 7056 times)
Joseph Chrzempiec
Newbies

GSM Application
Apr 2nd, 2014 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Hello I'm kind of new to this so sorry if i post in this topic it say for applications stuff but my Question is i have a gsm shield on arduino uno board and it requires to put some information in like phone number and haves 4 area to turn on 4 leds so i have to  put in a1 that will turn on led 1 in sms text but say if i  want to give this to my brother or my other brother i want to the put in there own phone number and second thing like (Turn on light 1) and that will turn on led 1 problem is they don't know the arduino software at all so if there a way to make a application for the desktop without having to go in and change the sketch or having to upload to the arduino software ide?  Undecided

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: GSM Application
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Hi there,

Normally this area is for people to publish their projects but it does not get used often. The best place for help is on the http://www.arduino.cc/forum. There are more experienced and many people in that forum. This forum is to help with the installation and use of the Visual Micro Ide features.

But I have this suggestion/idea for you because it sounds fun  Smiley

Suggestion

You can store data on the arduino using the eeprom library. The memory will remain even after the power is switched off.

You can use the eeprom library to store the phone number first time use and also when a text is sent to the phone ttp+1-555-5555. 

ttt= Transfer To Phone

This allows control to be transferred without needing to re-program or write another app.

Sorry if I missed the point, hope this helps

The alternative is to allow phone numbers to be sent as serial messages to the arduino over a usb cable or bluetooth. Unless you have a wifi adapter then you can use wifi instead of usb but it might not be practical.

IP Logged

Joseph Chrzempiec
Newbies

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 3:56am
Print Post  
hello thank you for the reply so what you mean send a text a sms text from the cellphone  with the phone number to the eeprom and that will store it to the sketch area? sorry kind of new to this still trying to figure this all out. what does it do when in the  eeprom memory it's self? its that like it modify the sketch it's self? or how does that work to store it in that area?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Hi, the arduino.cc web site and playground has documents that explain all these processes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint