Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Show All Sketch Files doesn't show Arduino 1.5 new format libraries (Read 7084 times)
principia

Show All Sketch Files doesn't show Arduino 1.5 new format libraries
Apr 18th, 2014 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Tim
Great product - the IDE and the debugger have really my improved productivity. I'm using VS2010, latest VM, Arduino 1.5.6 and Uno R3.

I'm use "Show All Sketch Files" to easily access library files for editing under source control and it seems that the new 1.5 library format with the files in /src and /src/utility folders don't appear in the "_libraries" part of the Solution Explorer. Am I missing something in my configuration - other libraries, both user and system show fine.

A second, minor niggle is that under my configuration management system (Perforce) I have to right click "Refresh" on the "_libraries" folder to get the right CM status when I re-open the solution - the status is fine on the initial "Show Sketch Files" command. This may be Perforce's problem not VM's but I don't know if this is a general source control issue.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Show All Sketch Files doesn't show Arduino 1.5 new format libraries
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2014 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Thanks we will sort that in the next release. You can add them manually for now. Add "existing file > as link"

IP Logged

principia

Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Hi
I've just installed the latest SP7 release on Atmel Studio 6.2 - it all works fine. I tried the new command to show libraries and it still doesn't seem to show the sub-directories for the new Arduino library format. Am I doing something wrong here?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Hi, There is still some final work in this area but it should show a combination of architecture and default library sources but under the single entry for 1.5 libs and the default+utility folder for <1.5 libs.

Core should be entirely correct but I agree there is probably still some final work to make 1.5 libs display better. This will be included in the final public gallery release during the next couple of weeks.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Hi, the latest beta includes show all files for all arduino versions and library formats in both atmel studio and visual studio. You can find 1411.12 on the downloads page of visualmicro.com

By the did you see that Microsoft released Visual Studio 2013 Community edition yesterday. It's free and apparently it supports all extensions and plugins.

IP Logged

principia

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Hi
Thanks for the update - it works well with both Arduino libraries and my own new format libraries. Maybe I can give up paying my expensive MSDN / VS subscription as well now!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Great thanks for the update.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint