Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re: why can't i change the device to one of the SAM processors (Read 4870 times)
gyurko1
Newbies

Re: why can't i change the device to one of the SAM processors
Sep 16th, 2014 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Quick question...when I create a new sketch from Atmel Studio, why can't i change the device to one of the SAM processors in the project properties, only the AVRs?
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:42am by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Atmel does like a change. the best thing to do it delete the cppproj then create a new empty sam cpp project with the same name in the sketch folder. Then add the .ino and close and re-open the project. This will give you a clean arduino project for SAM.

We are looking at how to make this easier. I suspect that when you create an arduino project we need a workflow that allows you to easily choose between the two project types. We default to avr because currently 99% of arduino's are 8bit avr

In Visual Studio we don't have this problem so we need something different for atmel

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2014 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
more ...

I re-tested switching between 8 bit and 32 bit boards in Atmel Studio and as you have observed it wasn't working very well.

There is a new sp5 release that fixes things so you can use a clean arm g++ project or use the new file>new>project>arduino 32bit project" options.

In all cases it should work better now but more importantly if you have a 32 bit project then it will show the correct devices.

My questions below still stand because it might be that you do not need the atmel devices but in any event the sp5 version will be much better

Thanks again for the report

http://www.visualmicro.com/forums/YaBB.pl?board=NEW_RELEASES;action=modify;messa...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint