Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Renaming of variables (Read 4227 times)
barnold
Newbies

Renaming of variables
Mar 7th, 2015 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
First, thanks for making this plugin, it is much, MUCH nicer to use than the Arduino IDE.

When I rename a variable in VS in a C# project, there appears a red underline which opens a drop-down. From this I have the option to rename all instances of this variable.

Renaming a variable in a .ino file in VS does not cause this underline to appear. As far as I can tell there is no other way to rename all instances of a variable in a Project using the VisualMicro plugin - is this the case?

Auto renaming is a really useful feature of any IDE and one that I use all the time!

Thanks,

Brendan

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Renaming of variables
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Thanks for the message.

The features available to the code editor are not controlled by Visual Micro. We just use the C++ or Gcc code editing features of each of the supported Ide's.

I guess what you are saying in this case is that in Visual Studio the C# editor gives different behavior to the C++ editor. (We use the standard Visual Studio C++ editor for Arduino)

The up-side is that control of the editor is open for any extension or Visual Studio command to handle. So I am sure it must be possible to find either an Ide C++ editor feature or extension to perform the rename for you.

Hope that makes sense.

IP Logged

Gillian

Re: Renaming of variables
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Hi barnold

You can either CTRL+H to Find and Replace all occurences, or, maybe better, install this VS plugin. It will add an option "Refactor" in the context menu when you right click a variable.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2015 at 1:34am by Gillian »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint