Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Libraries and Source Code Repository (TFS) (Read 5184 times)
Anton Kalcik

Libraries and Source Code Repository (TFS)
Aug 28th, 2015 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
I added some user libraries using Arduino IDE and used them in my Visual Studio Project. I checked-in the solution into source code repository (TFS). Later I downloaded the solution on other computer and it seems the libraries wasn't checked-in. How is the correct way to handle external libraries with source code repository?
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2015 at 2:04pm by Anton Kalcik »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Libraries and Source Code Repository (TFS)
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I don't know. This is becoming a more popular discussion so worth some investigation.

There are plans to allow sub folders below the sketch for libs or ano code + a shared code folder of users choosing. It might be that having these items in sub folders is easier for tfs.

I also don't know what happens if you use the visual micro "project>show arduino core and library code". This option adds the libs and core sources as short cuts into the project. Maybe that helps tfs?

Thanks

IP Logged

Anton Kalcik

Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 7:18am
Print Post  
The question is what happen when I use external library within the VS 2015 Plugin? How are the library files linked? It's not specific question about TFS, but how to handle libraries in the context of source code repository. The only way i see now is copy & paste source code from the library in self created files.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2015 at 2:03pm by Anton Kalcik »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
I see. Arduino libraries can be located in one of a few known locations. At compile time the #includes from the sketch .ino files are parsed and matched to a folder/lib within the known locations. 

The location that is used for "user" libraries is usually "mydocuments/arduino/libraries".

"mydocuments/arduino" is known as the sketchbook folder and can be overridden in the Ide locations config dialog. Of course overriding the sketch book means that the location of the user libraries folder will also be overridden.

Hopefully during the next few weeks we will expand to allowing the VS project structure to be used to "tag" in linked or direct files as you would any normal MS project.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint