Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 8051 compatibles (Read 3967 times)
Doctor Wizard

8051 compatibles
May 3rd, 2016 at 1:48am
Print Post  
I am interested in using my much beloved Visual Micro to work with a STC89C516RD, which is one of a gazillion different 8051 compatible microcontrollers.  8051 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_MCS-51 compatibles are made by all the major chip manufacturers including Intel, Atmel, Maxim, T.I., STC, ST  Micro...  It's an ancient but still very popular platform, particularly for more industrial type applications.

There is a popular compiler called SDCC http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/ which is supposed to be based on GCC.  ATMEL includes support for their 8051 compatibles, such as the AT8515, in Atmel studio.  SDCC plugs into Eclipse.  I couldn't find any support for the Arduino IDE, MPIde, or Energia, or Wiring.

What are the prerequisites to get support for another platform into Visual Micro?
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2016 at 1:49am by Doctor Wizard »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: 8051 compatibles
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Hi,

It needs to conform to the arduino.cc third party hardware spec

If you take a look at the avr folder below arduinoide\hardware you will find a boards.txt and a platform.txt. Also you will find a sibling to the \hardware folder called \tools.

Below the avr folder is \cores

Within these folders is the entire config for a build. The .txt files use {properties} declared within the same files allowing the .cpp, c, elf, archive etc.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint