Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Driver error (Read 4924 times)
speculatrix
Newbies

Driver error
Jan 2nd, 2017 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
I'm using Atmel Studio 7 plus Visual Micro and Teensyduino in a Win10 VM (VMWare Fusion on an iMac). Everything seems to have installed fine and I can upload and run code okay - which is nice.

But one annoyance remains - after the code has uploaded I get an alert box containing the following message:

Quote:
The connection for the USB device 'Van Ooijen Technische Informatica USB Serial' was unsuccessful.
Driver error.

In fact, the box contains this message five times. It isn't stopping me from working, but as I said, it is annoying. Any thoughts?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Driver error
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Questions ...

1) Please switch the tool bar from Debug to Release then try the upload. Do you still see the messages?
2) Open the arduino ide and try the same upload. Does this show messages?
3) Which teensy board?

Thanks

IP Logged

speculatrix
Newbies

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Yeah, turns out I'm getting the same problem with the Arduino IDE under Windows (don't normally use that because if I use the Arduino IDE it's under macOS). The board is the 3.2. And switching to Release made no diff.

Seems I was a bit optimistic about the upload working - about half the time the upload fails (I always have to press the button on the Teensy).

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Okay thanks.

It is the Teensy loader raising the messages and is the common software that both Visual Micro and Arduino run,

Did you check device manager to see which usb driver you have installed for the Teensy?

By the way, it's a good idea to use Visual Studio 2015 or 2017 for Teensy. Visual Micro works better with Visual Studio for Teensy. It's won't help with this issue but will be better in many ways, not least that since Teensy 3x it is not Atmel hardware Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2017 at 9:06pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

speculatrix
Newbies

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 8:43am
Print Post  
I assume you mean Windows' Device Manager. I can't see anything in there that looks like the Teensy...

It turns out I already have Visual Studio 2015 installed (must've done that a while back). But exactly the same things happen. So I'm wondering if this is all to do with running inside a VM.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Yes as I said VS2015 will not help with this issue but it's the best solution for Visual Micro.

The problem is with the Teensy uploader software so I think the pjrc.com forum is the best place and no doubt is related to running in a Virtual Machine on Mac.

IP Logged

speculatrix
Newbies

Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your help - I'll go ask on the Teensy forum.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint