Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How to add GDB debug support for ladybug-stm32l432? (Read 1444 times)
Defragster
Newbies

How to add GDB debug support for ladybug-stm32l432?
Mar 11th, 2017 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
I've just installed VS 2017 and found it to work for general upload with Teeny and also an STM42L4 unit I'm working with. I'd not tried with VS_2015, but I expect the install groupings are different?  The VS 2017 install went well and the Visual Micro added on and clean and easily. 

Wondering if I got the right VS toolset installed for debugging - but on a new board I'd have to get the cfg and all the settings right before I could expect it to work.  Maybe there should be a new Debug on VS_2017 thread for this?

The new board is the Ladybug https://www.tindie.com/products/TleraCorp/ladybug-stm32l432-development-board/

That low power Cortex M4 w/FPU hardware is just getting a completed Arduino setup polished off - but I've been using it in the IDE for about 2 months - It is an awesome board - especially at $15.  The JSON for it is here: https://grumpyoldpizza.github.io/arduino-STM32L4/package_STM32L4_boards_index.js...  I'm wondering what extensions and config setup will be needed to support this board for optimal debugging with Visual Micro.  I have an ST-Link and the board does expose the hardware debug data and clock pins.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2017 at 5:12am by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint