Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Again ... User vs Local libraries (Read 1559 times)
Bas

Again ... User vs Local libraries
Mar 12th, 2017 at 10:32am
Print Post  
I'm reconfiguring my development configuration to work without an installed Arduino IDE because I had the idea that libraries are running all over the place and I had no control over it.

So i removed the Arduino IDE and all its folders, reconfigured Visual Micro to use the Visual Micro  IDE and installed the correct board (Mega2560).

In my main source folder structure there is a project folder, and a libraries folder. The libraries folder contains several libraries, some downloaded, some edited and one created by myself.

When I try to compile my existing solution (which did compile in the old configuration) it can't find all the libraries that are in the source\libraries folder. Only when I copy them in the "user libraries folder" can I include them in the solution and compilation continues.

Two questions:
- Can i configure the "User libraries folder" to be somewhere else then in my Documents\Arduino\Libraries?
- How should I include all libs in the source\libraries folder in my solution? I don't want to include projects in my solution for all those libs, only some of them.

Using Visual Studio 2015, VisualMicro 1702.25

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Again ... User vs Local libraries
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Keep all libraries away from the project folder

Use the new shared library project feature.

Shared libraries are normal arduino libraries that can be in any location on the pc. They are then added to the solution explorer as projects and added as a "Reference" to any project that uses the library. 

This gives best of all world using standard Arduino libraries in a common or isolated location. Projects can be further organised in the solution explorer by creating solution folder (virtual folders). Edit, debug , intellisense all work.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint