Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" (Read 5888 times)
Gumaa
Newbies

Error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Mar 15th, 2017 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Hello, i got my first Uno board today. I'm completely newbie, i have never programmed anything like this so sorry if i'm asking some stupid question.
I tried to compile very simple program for my arduino but it failed with error like this:

Code
Select All
Compiling debug version of 'miganie' for 'Arduino/Genuino Uno'
	Preprocess: tmel3.5.3-arduino2\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10801 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR \cores\arduino" \variants\standard" "C:\Users\Andrzej\AppData\Local\Temp\VMBuilds\miganie\uno\Debug\miganie.cpp" -o "nul"
   Object reference not set to an instance of an object

An error was encountered during the 'Deep Search' library discovery process.
Debug build failed for project 'miganie' 

I was searching for answer in google but only thing i found was to rescan something in board manager. I think i did it (i rescaned something Tongue) but it didn't work. 
What can do about it? I never installed other IDE for arduino or something like this (i found that people had problems if they have installed other arduino ide but that is not the case).
Visual Studio 2015
Visual Micro 1702.25.0
Thnaks

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Hello,

Maybe that was an installation problem with Board Manager. Please open board manager (micro explorer) and click the avr tool chain to uninstall/remove it.

Then close Visual Studio and download the official Arduino IDE for Windows (not web) from the http://www.arduino.cc web site. Use the Arduino IDE to ensure your board is working and follow the Arduino new user guides.

When you have a basic understanding of Arduino and have proven your installation then come back to Visual Studio. Instead of using Board Manager follow the Setup guide in our documentation on visualmicro.com. This simply means telling Visual Micro where the Arduino IDE you installed is located.

Then it will work okay. Thanks

IP Logged

Gumaa
Newbies

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Thanks for quick response.
Board is working on Arduino IDE.

But i don't quite understand what should i do when i decide to come back from this IDE to VS to make it work.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Great

Just follow this guide so you enter the folder where arduino is installed

http://www.visualmicro.com/page/User-Guide.aspx?doc=First-steps.html

other docs here

http://www.visualmicro.com/page/User-Guide.aspx

After you add a location you will find the list of apps has "Visual Micro" and "Arduino 1.6/1/8". Select the "Arduino 1.6/1/8" app and you are done.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2017 at 7:17pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint