Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) -fno-fat-lto-objects are supported only with linker plugin Error compiling core (Read 9085 times)
xmen

-fno-fat-lto-objects are supported only with linker plugin Error compiling core
Mar 16th, 2017 at 3:53am
Print Post  
Getting this error when compiling for arduino.
Quote:
cc1.exe*: error: -fno-fat-lto-objects are supported only with linker plugin
Error compiling core

Using VS 2012.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: -fno-fat-lto-objects are supported only with linker plugin Error compiling core
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Uninstall avr from.board manager. It's picking up an old tool.chain but using a newer Arduino avr core

IP Logged

xmen

Re: -fno-fat-lto-objects are supported only with linker plugin Error compiling core
Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 5:27am
Print Post  
I cant uninstall that, how do I fix it ?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Use Arduino ide board manager to uninstall it look in the verbose output and delete the Arduino folder in appdata\local\arduino15\packages

IP Logged

xmen

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 6:01am
Print Post  
But its working if I upload through Arduino IDE, only VM has this error.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Yes you have a partial install of Ave and Arduino is ignoring it but vm is trying to use it. It's on the list for cm to be enhanced but easily resolved by you.

If not then please submit the usual required build info to allow us to see the full details

IP Logged

xmen

Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 6:11am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #7 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Thanks, the output shows you are using ATtiny hardware with arduino 1.6.11

The avr tools have been updated in recent arduino versions

I think attiny was designed for an older tool chain version but because it makes use of files installed with arduino ide it possible to ave the situation where the arduino files contain a new tool chain. In this case visual micro still attempts to use the older tools that are specified for the hardware. Most hardware designers have now stopped declaring a "required version" when they are inheriting tools from the arduino. That's the cause of the confusion but visual micro could ignore the stated version and use the tools with the ide instead of the ones downloaded. That's what arduino is doing.

To give more clarity I would need to see the verbose build output where as your link only shows the build properties. 

Solution

Delete the following folders to clean up your installed hardware folder, then restart the ide.

C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc

Questions

When did you update the arduino ide last?
When did you install the Attiny core?

I am trying to understand the order of installation.

Thanks

IP Logged

xmen

Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:13am
Print Post  
http://pastebin.com/eCV7JEbU

and when I deleted the said folder, I got this error
http://pastebin.com/HYcJG63E

I dont remember when I last updated the arduino, but I installed attiny core 2 days ago. It all works fine in Arduino IDE.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2017 at 9:18am by xmen »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
If you put that folder back or reinstall the attiny then in visual micro switch the tool bar from arduino 1.6/1.8 to "Visual Micro" it should work okay.

The "Visual Micro" option ignores the arduino ide config and uses whatever you have installed in board manager. less room for confusion. That should be a short term workaround.

IP Logged

xmen

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 10:24pm:
If you put that folder back or reinstall the attiny then in visual micro switch the tool bar from arduino 1.6/1.8 to "Visual Micro" it should work okay.

The "Visual Micro" option ignores the arduino ide config and uses whatever you have installed in board manager. less room for confusion. That should be a short term workaround.

There is no option for "Visual Micro" in that combobox, its just Arduino 1.0 and Arduino 1.6/1.8

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:21am
Print Post  
That means you are using an old version of the product. You can see new features in the release notes 

http://www.visualmicro.com/page/Visual-Micro-Product-Version-History-Fixes-and-A...

IP Logged

xmen

Reply #12 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Another error after setting it to Visual Micro.

https://pastebin.com/KJXj3GMm

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
When using the visual micro option you need to make sure you have installed the tool chains you require. Your attiny needs an arduino avr toolchain so I suggest installing the latest arduino avr which i think is 1.6.18

Then click the rescan button

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint