Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic .c files not shown in "hidden files" (Read 2250 times)
Red Baron

.c files not shown in "hidden files"
Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Hi,

when displaying the core and library files using menu vMicro -> toggle hidden files, .cpp and .h files are shown. .c files are not. I was looking for the implementation for analogRead. An ATmega32u4 (Leonardo) has some specials for the ADC. I found analogRead in wiring_analog.c. But this file and other .c files too do not appear in the "src" folder. If there are assembler files, you should show them too.

Kind regards
RedBaron

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: .c files not shown in "hidden files"
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
It does .s files but purposely ignored the .c files because they cause 100's of intellisense errors in VS. 

The atmel version adds the .c files but atmel studio doesn't like two files of the same name and some .s files have the same name as some .cpp files. Therefore some files are missed from atmel studio too.

I have to work out a way to handle these better. Sadly we get lots of complaints if users wee many intellisense errors so the current system is the best of a bad job.

Hopefully as vs2017 stabilizes there will be time to try some new options from Microsoft. Hopefully we the get better gcc intellisense.

IP Logged

Red Baron

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Thx! Your decision was a good one. Intellisense errors are very annoying.

Actually I'm reading the "News:" banner on top of this page. It changes between 3 different news. 
The display time is too short for me to read it. May be it's because my native language isn't English. You could help me an other people of my type by slowing down the display change a little bit. What about a link behind each news?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Thanks for the new prompt. It has a mind of its own. Hopefully better now but a new system is needed. Maybe a few static lines of news that doesn't change.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint