Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic VS2015 Toolbox (Read 3083 times)
PGL
Newbies

VS2015 Toolbox
Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
After upgrading vMicro for VS2015, there is a toolbox that opens on the left every time VS2015 is launched.  I have tried selecting Auto Hide, which does hide it for that session, but it comes back in full view on the next launch.  I looked through vMicro settings in VS2015, can't find anything.  The window is called Visual Micro Explorer and it is the same window that opens when you click the search icon in the top vMicro toolbar.  I just don't want it opening on startup.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: VS2015 Toolbox
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Hi,

The explorer window opens for new users until they have configured the location of an arduino ide or used board manager to install a package. It means you currently don't have any arduino boards installed so you can not build any projects.

Does this make sense or do you feel we have a bug? If a bug then please confirm which hardware you have installed?

Thanks

IP Logged

PGL
Newbies

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Got it.  This is a new laptop with a fresh VS2015 install, have not worked on Arduino since the install.  I will complete the configuration and that should take care of it.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Great. Yes there is now a default "Visual Micro" option which only requires install using Board Manager (don't require the Arduino IDE)

The existing Arduino 1.6/1.8 option is still in the list if you click the "Configure" button. Then it's just a matter of setting an Ide location as per previous installs. (This provides all the examples, libs and avr core that is installed with the ide)

When editing projects the tool bar and vMicro menu will allow selection of "Ide". Only needs to be done once.

« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:31pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments
IP Logged

PGL
Newbies

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
I installed IDE 1.8 and selected the location.  Restarted VS2015 and the Explorer window did not auto-open.  Thanks for the help!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Great thanks for the update.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint