Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Add libraries to project in lib folder (Read 1897 times)
Acuario

Add libraries to project in lib folder
Apr 27th, 2017 at 5:42am
Print Post  
Hi,
Is it possible to add libraries to a project that aren't in the global Arduino libraries folder?

I need to add specific versions of libraries to a project and don't want to mess up my global libraries.

In the project I have a 'lib' folder with the required libraries but I cant see how to add them into the build path.

i.e. I have a LiquidCrystal_I2C library in my main Arduino\libraries folder I don't want to change or overwrite but my project needs a different LiquidCrystal_I2C library.

In my project I have a \lib\LiquidCrystal_I2C folder with all the library files. How can I target this instead of the Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C library?

Thanks

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Add libraries to project in lib folder
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 9:19am
Print Post  
The best solution is to create a shared project for the library so then it can exist any where alternatively use the "create local library" option on the visual micro menus which will show you where to put local project libraries.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint