Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bug library not listed in installed when library.properties has architectures=avr,samd,sam (Read 2365 times)
Xenek Stoehr
Newbies

Bug library not listed in installed when library.properties has architectures=avr,samd,sam
Apr 30th, 2017 at 1:30am
Print Post  
Hi, as per here below, I had to modify a library.properties architectures entry to have Visual Micro show the library or allow me to use it.

https://github.com/SlashDevin/NeoGPS/issues/25

Not sure if it's strictly a NeoGPS issue or a Visual Micro issue, but I suspect it's something you could fix  Grin

Cheers X

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Bug library not listed in installed when library.properties has architectures=avr,samd,sam
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Hi,

Thanks for the report.

It is important to say which hardware you are using and which core you have installed for the hardware (if not a default arduino core)

Thanks

IP Logged

Xenek Stoehr
Newbies

Re: Bug library not listed in installed when library.properties has architectures=avr,samd,sam
Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Thanks for the early morning reply.
ESP8266, specifically WeMos D1 mini (retired) presently, though I sometimes use NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E module)

Not sure what you mean about core, but within Visual Studio I am using the Visual Micro Micro controller application & Visual Micro IDE (not the Arduino IDE), and that seems to be using the standard set of modules for ESP8266 platform.

VS2017 & VM Ardunio plugin is a great system. Cheers X

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 4:14am
Print Post  
Thanks for the message.

You should let the library author know to add esp8266 to the list or change the architectures to * as you did. It's right that the library is ignored by visual micro and arduino ide for esp8266.

avr,samd,sam,esp8266 

btw: Not sure if you hit this but visual micro appeared to be giving a useless error when the architecture could not be found. It should be improved in the next release due shortly.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint