Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Mega 2560 Analogue inputs A8++ not recognised (Read 3080 times)
_Sail_
Newbies

Mega 2560 Analogue inputs A8++ not recognised
Aug 4th, 2017 at 5:46am
Print Post  
First up, that for Visual Micro, I have barely scratched the surface of it, but it is much easier to use than the IDE...

I am making a project on an Mega 2560, using most of the I/O as digital inputs and outputs.
I ran out of Digital Pins so I have had to use some of the Analog inputs as digital inputs. 

When I name the Analog pins, when I get to A8 and above, the IDE fails to recognise the the pins ans puts that red squiggly line under them...

I have selected Mega with 2560 as the board type, but it does not seem to recognise the extra pins even though it recognises all of the Digital pins.

Any suggestions appreciated, Thanks.

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Mega 2560 Analogue inputs A8++ not recognised
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Which Visual Studio IDE?

If you save the file does that cause intellisense to refresh and the errors to go?

If you build does it build okay?

Thanks

IP Logged

_Sail_
Newbies

Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I am using Visual Studio Community 2017, I only recently reinstalled it because I found out about Visual Micro.

I have saved and closed the file multiple times as I have been working on this on and off for a couple of days. The Intellisense hasn't refreshed.

I tried building it from the drop down menu at the top, build and upload are greyed out in the toolbar. I have attached a photo of the build result.

Thanks

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
It's not valid in the arduino world to have a master .ino with a different name to the containing folder.

Visual Micro also expects the project name to be the same as the folder and master.ino otherwise it goes to sleep. That's why the build buttons are disabled and why intellisense is not being updated.

Your master .ino is called Layout.ino. What is the name of the folder it is in? 

1)
If the folder is called TrainLayoutLED then rename Layout.ino to TrainLayoutLED.ino

2)
If the folder if called "Layout" then close visual studio, delete the vcxproj and .sln and any other visual studio files from the Layout folder. Reopen visual studio and then use File>Open>Arduino Project so that Visual Micro can create a Visual Studio project with the correct names. There are plenty of ways to achieve the same end result but this one is the easiest for new users.

When you have the folder name, project name and master.ino name all the same then things will work.

IP Logged

_Sail_
Newbies

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 4:39am
Print Post  
I renamed the folder and then deleted the Visual studio files and now everything works.

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint