Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic No automatic version update (Read 3704 times)
Red Baron

No automatic version update
Aug 21st, 2017 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I'm using VM 1.1706.25 and Visual Studio 2105 Community. Today I found that there are newer versions of VM. In former times I got an a hint in VS that is a new VM version. There was a button I could click to start the download and installation. 

On the VM web site I found that there are two newer version of VM but I got no update hint. When I dowloaded the actual file and tried to install it, I got a mesage like "this extension is already installed". I got a German message. May be the correct English one ist some what different.

What's wrong?

King regards
RedBaron

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: No automatic version update
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Hi,

The update and management of extensions is a Visual Studio feature not a Visual Micro feature.

In Tools>Extensions and Updates there are some tabs.

The "Installed" tab shows the currently installed version of visual micro and also provided a checkbox to determine if you want automatic updates or not. There are also some global settings to control updates for all extensions in (tools>options)

The "Online>Visual Studio Gallery" tab shows available version and provides an option to download/update.

If VS has broken and you don't see the ability to update in the Online tab then uninstall from the "Installed" tab then install again. Your settings will be preserved.

IP Logged

Red Baron

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Thx for the fast answer.

Looking at Tools>Extensions and Updates I see the latest version Smiley. But in Tools > Options > Visual Micro > General > Version a different one is displayed  Sad (see picture). May be there is somenthing incorrect.

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
The tools>option is back-end api version and does not relate to the release notes. Before visual micro became an extension it was the only version number.

The version in the gallery, release notes and on the extension pages is the only important version.

IP Logged

Red Baron

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 6:53am
Print Post  
Hi Tim,

in this case you should delete the incorret one. This will avoid misunderstandings in the case of questions or error messages.

Kind regards
RedBaron

Edit: There are two entries with the wrong number: category "System" and category "Version". You should replace the version  number with a hint to the gallery. People like me who have been working with the software for a long time are used to look at the "Tools > Options" tab.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2017 at 7:02am by Red Baron »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Hi,

Ignore the one in tools>options. I don't have time to mess with it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint