Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Visual Studio Code compatibility (Read 2667 times)
RoboBill

Visual Studio Code compatibility
Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Are there any plans to make VM compatible with Visual Studio Code?

Thanks

RoboBill

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Visual Studio Code compatibility
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Hi,

VS code doesn't support dialog and tool windows so it needs some extra work. I expect we might create a window task bar app that extends vs code for Arduino but it is under consideration.

The main issue is that I have been doing this now for over 7 years and it is very hard to get anyone to blog the tool even though it has been mainly free. Visual Studio and Atmel Studio are already supported for free and a 3rd IDE will slow down the plans I have for extending the current Visual Micro.

I am also finding that between Microsoft and Atmel there is little room for a small company like Visual Micro to be strong in PR and SEO. 

I can see that you have been using AS7. VS2017 is probably a better solution for you because it supports edit and debug of Arduino libraries along with shared code projects and better (in most cases) intellisense.

So it's all up for consideration. Feed back and suggestions are always appreciated.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:07am by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint