Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Visual Micro and Arduino 1.8 (Read 2593 times)
CyberOddity
Newbies

Visual Micro and Arduino 1.8
Sep 29th, 2017 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Hi Guys,

I have used vMicro for some time with Atmel Studio and Arduino 1.6.4. Yesterday I had to update my Arduino software to 1.8.4 to create hexfiles with bootloaders for a newer board. 

I am now having an issue using vMicro in Atmel studios after I update to Arduino 1.8.4. I am trying to debug as I always do with no success. I just noticed that in my toolbar Arduino 1.6 is still selected but when I try to change it I do not have a 1.8 option. 

I was hoping someone might point me in the right direction as to how I get Arduino 1.8 to show as an option in vMicro. 

Thanks guys.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Visual Micro and Arduino 1.8
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Hi,

The tool bar should show arduino 1.6/1.8. They are the same.

Switch on vmicro>compiler>verbose and "show build properties" then try to debug. The "Micro Build"  output will show what happened during the build. Copy the output into a .txt and post here so we can see what board you are using and the other info that is generally given during a build.

Thanks

IP Logged

CyberOddity
Newbies

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Hi, Thanks for the reply. My toolbar does not have the 1.6/1.8 option, only the 1.6. Do I need to update my Vmicro every time I update Arduino?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Visual Micro can only work with published features at time of release. If the arduino framework is extended then you would certainly need to update visual micro to benefit from the changes.

If you are using the old atmel studio 6.2 then you have to work with arduino 1.6.9 and below. Atmel studio 7 is recommended.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint