Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ESP8266WiFi.h Not Found (Read 3488 times)
RayLivingston

ESP8266WiFi.h Not Found
Oct 30th, 2017 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to use ESP8266WiFi.h.  It is installed, using the Arduino IDE Library Manager.  If I do a simple sketch in the Arduino IDE that #includes <EPS8266WiFi.h> it compiles without error.  But when I try to do the same in VisualStudio, it complains it can't find ESP8266WiFi.h.  It IS installed, down in the bowels of the \Users\username\AppData\Local\Arduino15 tree.

So, far, the only way I've been able to get VisualStudio to find the file is to copy all the ESP8266 libraries from the Appdata tree into the sketchbook/libraries tree, but then it chokes on other things, right now queue.h which it cannot find.

Why does it not find the libraries in the Appdata tree, like the Arduino IDE does?

Regards,
Ray L.

IP Logged

RayLivingston

Re: ESP8266WiFi.h Not Found
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 3:16am
Print Post  
I now think I'm misunderstanding what ESP8266 is - I think it's a library for building new firmware to run ON the 8266 chip....  If that's true, then this problem is a red herring.

Regards,
Ray L

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: ESP8266WiFi.h Not Found
Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
If you have installed esp8266 v 2.3.0 then the library is installed with the board and should be available for building in visual micro.

Switch on vmicro>compiler>verbose and email the output after attempting a build so I can see your config.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint