Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic VS 2017 Will Not Upload Code, VS 2015 Will?? (Read 2650 times)
beaker353
Newbies

VS 2017 Will Not Upload Code, VS 2015 Will??
Nov 11th, 2017 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Running into the oddest problems to date with Visual Micro and Visual Studio 2017. 2 issues, one minor, one major. The icons are missing just like a number of other posts. Minor irritant, but whatever. The major issue is that it will not ever upload code to the Uno. It compiles as it should but never uploads either release or debug versions of the code. Doesn't error out in the log, just never tries to upload. A downgrade to VS 2015 works perfectly right out of the gate. Tried uninstalling VS 2017 and reinstalling multiple times, issue remains. Am I just stuck using VS 2015 or is there some trick I'm missing here? Thanks!

-EM

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: VS 2017 Will Not Upload Code, VS 2015 Will??
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Hi beaker353,

Sorry for the delay.

Please explain what you are clicking or pressing to build and upload

Also switch on tools>vmicro>compiler>verbose and "show build properties" then try the upload and attach the output s a .txt file or email to info[at]visualmicro.com

Thanks

@Mark G. The compiler variables are not being populated for some reason which is why you see things like this "{path}/{cmd}". Please open a new thread  and explain where to download the core for your board or the name of it. Also confirm in the new post which arduino ide version. Thanks

IP Logged

Mark G.

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
I apologize if my previous post was confusing.  The compiler variables are being populated properly.  I included the template code (from platform.txt for my AZ3166 board) just to be complete.

This is the output that is shown when I attempt to do an upload from VS2017:

Uploading 'SensorStatus' to 'MXCHIP AZ3166' using 'COM3'
Uploader started for board MXCHIP AZ3166
Upload method will be: bootloader
Uploading via Bootloader 
C:\Users\Mark G exe -f cripts/INTERF~1/STLINK~2.CFG -c transport select hla_swd -f cripts/target/stm32f4x.cfg -c "program atus.ino.bin}} verify reset 0x800C000; shutdown"
GNU ARM Eclipse 32-bits Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0-00114-g8419536 (2017-04-18-22:14)
The uploader process failed
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
     http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
interface_transports transport ... 
transport
  transport init
  transport list
  transport select [transport_name]
transport : command requires more arguments
in procedure 'transport'

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Mark happy to look at this but this is another persons thread for a different issue. Your upload is being attempted, the third party tool is being called to perform the upload but it is failing with an error. That is quite different to this report.

Also I requested you open a new thread and explain how to install the hardware you are using. In your thread I will also explain how to enable verbose build and also how to show build properties so we can see what is happening.

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint