Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic OTA not working in Visual Studio: "The system cannot find the file specified" (Read 2158 times)
Ward
Newbies

OTA not working in Visual Studio: "The system cannot find the file specified"
Mar 17th, 2018 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I've got the basicOTA (to upload sketches over WiFi) running in the Arduino IDE. When i open this project in Visual Studio with visualmicro, my project compiles fine, but right after 'Uploading 'projectname' to 'WeMos D1 mini Pro' using 'my ip adress..', i get this "The system cannot find the file specified" error.
I've got python installed, and as i said, the OTA upload works fine from the arduino IDE. I've got no clue which file the system can't find.
Any help please? Smiley

Thanks.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: OTA not working in Visual Studio: "The system cannot find the file specified"
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Please switch on vmicro>compiler>verbose then try the upload and post the output as a .txt or email to info[at]visualmicro.com along with link to this post.

In arduino switch on file>preferences and so same.

Thanks

IP Logged

Ward
Newbies

Re: OTA not working in Visual Studio: "The system cannot find the file specified"
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Hi, the verbose log showed that there was a problem with my python. I removed 3.xx versions and reinstalled python 2.7. Now it works in visualmicro too.

I should have thought of the verbose, but it's been a while since I've worked with arduino Smiley

Thank you anyway!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Excellent thanks for the update

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint