Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Creating other development tools with the Visual Micro Api (Read 2216 times)
Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Creating other development tools with the Visual Micro Api
Nov 21st, 2011 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
I've uploaded a very crude windows app that I used to test the sketch api. The app shows how to get lists of boards, libraries and compile/upload.

If anyone wants to have a go at creating or extending avr studio or any other dev tool than feel free to try it out.

The api might change slightly in th future but the basics will be the same.

The compiler application simply requires a path to an arduino sketch and that the arduino exe location has been set in the kk_current_user/software/visual micro/locations registry

You can find the source of the app on codeplex under TestApp. You will see that the app is something that I have put zero time into but it works well Smiley

If you want to make a .net3.5 build then use/reference the sketch.08.dll instead of the referenced sketch.dll. The sketch 08 is installed with visual micro. Just grab a copy of it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint