Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Instal VM after problems SOLVED! (Read 5045 times)
Ico
Newbies

Instal VM after problems SOLVED!
May 29th, 2012 at 6:34am
Print Post  
Hello all, after spending 2 days of discovering where my problem maybe is, yesterday solved all Smiley VM is now runing great in VS2010 Pro. The problem was in corupted installation of VS2010. Now I'm explain what I discovered, maybe this help to others who can't install VM to VS2010 Pro  Smiley For first I've installed VM at PC cca at february 2012 with Xp SP3, VM v.26, Arduino 1.0. There was no problem with install and functionality. In this friday I've installed VM to my PC with Win7 x64 HP, VM v.26, Arduino 1.0 and here comes the problem after installing VM. When I've started VS2010 Pro the error presented with some like this: <Visual Micro failed to create command bar items. Could not load assembly 'stdole, Version=7.0.3300.0'.......The system cannot find the file specified.> After many reinstallation of VM and reseting addin - no effect. Arduino Serial Port not showing and Tools>Arduino the same. What I've founded?

1. There is no difference between instal VM on WinXP or Win7.
2. VM v.26 is still stable and good.
3. Complet clear uninstall VS2010 (and all components like SQL Server,Office Tools,...) with RevoUninstaller (good aplication, enough free version, but Pro too). Some registry of VM we can delete manually.
4. Clear install of VS2010 (in programing languages for me C++ enough) and other of your choice.
5. After install VS2010 don't make upgrade, run VS2010 as Admin to take effect. Close VS2010.
6. Run Arduino 1.0 once and close.
7. Install VM.
8. Restart PC.
9. Run VS2010 as Admin, In Tools> set path to Arduino 1.0 and other options, then close VS2010.
10. Run VS2010 again as Admin, now maybe all ok, Tools>Arduino present, but Serial Port is detected due your HW config, I got HW Serial Port COM1 so this is presented. If not, close VS2010 and install driver (virtual COM) for Arduino HW boards.
11. In this situation I run VS2010 without Admin with no problem to work with Arduino.
12. Run Updates (VS2010 SP1 and other).

Thats all, wish good luck to solve this problem  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2012 at 6:40am by Ico »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Instal VM after problems SOLVED!
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2012 at 7:14am
Print Post  
hello, thanks glad this is working. you did not need to run uninstall but visual studio SP1 is most important. it also sounds like running vs in admin mode allowed some internal vs registry to be updated but was prob due to missing sp1

i will try your com port configuration

thanks again
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2012 at 7:15am by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Ico
Newbies

Reply #2 - May 29th, 2012 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Hi,

with my old problem, there was this config:

VS2010 with SP1 and all updates today.

Then I've installed VM v26 and then I've recieved that error discribing in my previous post. The problem was in fact in corupted install of VS2010, don't know for what reason it was corrupted, but with presented solution everything work ok now  Smiley Thnx for great addin.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2012 at 11:01am
Print Post  
ah okay thanks. i have been looking at this to find the possible reason Smiley 

i noticed the last version referenced a file that it should not reference for normal use. the file was from the vs sdk which most people have not installed. i don't think it caused your problem because many other people would have had the same problem. 

but just in case I will make a cleaner new release over the next few days.

i'll put you on the list for a free debug version as a thank you Smiley

IP Logged

Ico
Newbies

Reply #4 - May 29th, 2012 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Great news Smiley no probl.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint