Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Error: identifier "EEPROM" is undefined (Read 5255 times)
marc

Error: identifier "EEPROM" is undefined
Jul 19th, 2012 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Hello,

I have a small problem when working with VM.
With some libraries, for instance EEPROM.h, I have for instance in the next line: EEPROM.write(DEVICE_START + t, *((char*)&WiFiSetup + t)); ,there, EEPROM.write... is underlined in red with the message: "Error: identifier "EEPROM" is undefined". Compiling the program doesn't give any problem. When I do the same with an exampleproject from the EEPROM library, I have the same problem.

Regards,

Marc

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Error: identifier "EEPROM" is undefined
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
UPDATE 2:

Thanks for reporting this. Intellisense does not affect the compile but it is better when it works well!

This problem should be fixed in the new release available from http://visualmicro.codeplex.com.

Tip: You will also see a new board on this forum with a summary of fixes for the new version(s). You can click notifications of new topics on the board to be notified of new releases or sign up to codeplex notifications.

Why the problem

Visual Micro (vm) includes the chips avr files to assist advanced users with intellisense. The avr core also has an "eeprom.h" but it is different to arduinos.

The vm plugin has been altered to include the paths to the avr core files after the arduino library paths. In your version the avr core is included before the libraries which is why the wrong eeprom.h is used by the visual studio intellisense.

NB: The paths that I have mentioned (C++ Include Paths) are maintained in the background by visual micro for visual studio

Thanks for the report
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:28pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint