Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Expression Window Typing Error (Read 5968 times)
Bryan

Expression Window Typing Error
Sep 23rd, 2012 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Hi VM:

Noticed if one happens to miss a bracket or wrong bracket, (Suppose other errant data entry), when entering a variable to the expression window etc, the code still compiles but the expression window shows no error. Just "Waiting for Breakpoint data". Should probably show error or something to alert the suer they have entered something incorrectly.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Expression Window Typing Error
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 1:35am
Print Post  
I guess you are talking about a Breakpoint Condition? If so then Yes that makes sense I should put a check in for that.

Does it cause a message to appear in the "Micro Message" output window?

IP Logged

Bryan

Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 6:52am
Print Post  
Correct a Breakpoint "When Hit" condition. No message appears in any of the Micro output windows, unless it is a error in the spelling of a variable, it will throw  a message that it can not compile, a missing or wrong bracket shows no message.

e.g  {loop_cnt} {millis(}

Output Window
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=101 -DVISUALMICRO_COMPILER_VER=1 -DVM_DEBUG -DVM_DEBUG_ENABLE=1 -DVM_DEBUG_BANDWIDTH_THROTTLE_MS=50 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_HARDWARESERIAL=0 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_SOFTWARESERIAL=1 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_FASTSERIAL=2 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE=VM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_HARDWARESERIAL -I"C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino" -I"C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\variants\standard" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Micro\Visual Micro for Arduino\Micro Platforms\Arduino\Templates\Hardware\Debuggers\VM_DBG" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Micro\Visual Micro for Arduino\Micro Platforms\Arduino\Templates\Hardware\Debuggers\VM_DBG\VM_DBG.cpp" -o p.o"
Error compiling

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Oh I didn't realize it breaks the compile. Yes that makes sense. thanks for the report

IP Logged

Bryan

Reply #4 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
If you spell a variable wrong it will throw a compile error, but if for example you entered a square closing bracket at the end instead of a curly bracket it will compile but the expression window will not display data and no error message to notify the user. There might be other examples that may do the same, comma, period etc.

Cheers

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Sep 23rd, 2012 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Ok thanks for clearing that up. I'll take a look at it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint