Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) ArduPlane debug with Visual Micro (Read 23750 times)
Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: ArduPlane debug with Visual Micro
Reply #20 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Hi Shyam,

Got your email thanks.

I've been looking at the project file with your source and it is not the project you have been opening. I think that after you first opened the ardupilot project and then closed vs you selected to save the project in another location. I can't recall if that is supported but it is much easier to have the project with the arduino files.

Your project file in the ardupilot folder is actually empty, this shows is was created by vm but that you subsequently saved it elsewhere. I suggest deleting the files in the attached image, then opening the ardupilot.pde in a new empty visual studio. Vm will prompt you to create a new project. Select OK.

After the new project has been created vm will automatically load all the ardupilot files into the project. At this point select "File>Save All" in Visual Studio. A prompt should appear allowing you to "save as" the solution with a different name. Save the solution with the name "ArduPilot" (or any name you like) but save it into the ArduPilot folder. You don't have to do this but, initially, it's easier to always have your solution in with the ardupilot project sources. Everything in one place.

When closing vs or whenever you are prompted to save the project, just click save, not save as. 

I'm going to make a note about this. I think I can change vm to do more of this automatically.

Let's get this structure right then try a breakpoint please.

Thanks very much

IP Logged

Shyam B

Reply #21 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Hi Tim,

I sent you the files (zipped) again along with the library (~5Mb). Sorry, might be pretty heavy on your inbox Shocked, guess, I included the build files too.
Note: I have included a .sln file along, and made sure the code builds. I have also sent you by mail some description of the file names for your reference.

Regards..

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #22 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Thanks will look tomorrow

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #23 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Hi Shyam, your project compiled for me without error. I will spend some time at the weekend looking into this some more. I will be looking at why AP_AHRS.h is menitoned in the error you are receiving.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #24 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Hi Shyam,

This works fine for me in both debug and normal upload mode, but I would like you to do the following please:-

1) An Arduino rule is that sketches must reside in a folder with the same name. So you need to rename the folder called "main" to "maincam"

2) I can see that your Visual Studio project file started life as "main" but has been renamed in Visual Studio to "maincam". Renaming in Visual Studio doesn't alter the project name on disk. 

I would normally suggest renaming the project files using windows explorer. (I hope that the next release of vm will provide a facility to make this task easier). 

In your case, because of the problem you are hitting when trying to debug this particular project, I suggest deleting the .vcxproj files and .sln/.suo files and re-opening the maincam.pde in Visual Studio. In this case the plugin will re-create the project for you in a clean manner. Be sure to have renamed the folder to match Arduino rules before doing this.

3) If you still have a debug problem with this project after performing these two actions then please delete the following folder (vm compiler cache) 

"C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Local\VMicro\Arduino\Builds\maincam"

4) If the problem remains then please copy all of the text from the error into a new reply to this thread

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint