Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Standard Project (Read 2684 times)
James Brown

Standard Project
Oct 13th, 2012 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
It would be good to have a Standard Project that could be downloaded and used as a test setup. 
If your like me all the setup options in VS are baffling.  I never know if I have mis-configured something along the way.  A Standard Project would be a good way to exchange bug reports and serve as a starting point for new projects.   

It might be built on a standard Arduino example (like Blink) but could contain a reference to a library and have various breakpoint types embedded in it.

Might have one for VS 2010 and a second for VS 2012

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Standard Project
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Okay so all the example projects are available in the Micro Explorer so I guess you just mean for debugging?

If so I agree and have been thinking of some test systems.

To make the debug work on the default upload board you should only need to switch on (Micro Debug). The design is that there are many settings but you don't need to alter any of them except for the (Micro Debug).

One user has suggested a simple and advanced view. The simple view would hide most of the settings.

The same user also suggested some wizards that guide you through the various options such as software serial. This sounds like a good idea.

But it would also be good to provide some ready made examples. Did you watch the video?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint