Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Installation observations (Read 1930 times)
raptor7s
Newbies

Installation observations
May 5th, 2013 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
I installed this on two different machines.  Both worked, but there were a couple of unusual things.  Both Win7 64 bit.  I had previously installed 1.1212.30.  Downloaded 1.1305.1 and installed it. I got a popup that said there was a newer version that I could download and it pointed to 1.1212.30.  Obviously, this is not correct.

On my other machine, I download and installed 1.1305.1.  It brought up the debug licensing window and allowed me to select the 30 day trial.  This did NOT happen on the above install.  This install also brought up a window and said that there was a newer version to install.  Again, not correct.

Both installs seem to work OK.  Note that under the tools, options, visual micro, System, it shows Available version, 1.1212.30.

Also, fyi, on the main web site, the advertising section near the top of the page shows just fine using IE, but the buttons and text do not show up properly when using FF.  In fact the DONATE button ends up overwriting some of the page text on FF.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Installation observations
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2013 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Hi thanks very much for the note,

Here are a few things that might explain some things

1) The beta is outside of the standard upgrade path at the moment so is not the official release. This is why there is a message the first time the upgraded app is launched. Clicking "Cancel" ensures the prompt does not return until a different release is published. I know this is a bit confusing, the auto update system is relatively new and will mature with better messages in the future.

2) The options show the "available" version of the std. release and not beta. Again can be ignored when using the beta

3) The 30 day trial window is currently only opened at start-up if the Arduino.exe location has never been set, indicating first time use. The same window is opened when you attempt to enable debug if the current machine is not licensed for debugging. (I was trying not to force the debugger into the faces of existing users because I figured they knew how to enable the debugging, maybe we need consistency!

4) Thanks for letting me know about the web site. I'll sort it out.

Great info for me to think about, I hope some of the reasons behind things are clear to you now even if they are not entirely correct or obvious.

Thanks again

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint