Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can't get debugger license - Activation Limit Exceeded for this Key (Read 7985 times)
raptor7s
Newbies

Can't get debugger license - Activation Limit Exceeded for this Key
May 9th, 2013 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
I installed Atmel Studio 6.1 - April version with no problems.  I downloaded and installed VM beta, but when it tried to download the debug license, it appeared as nothing happened.  It returned the same window as before.  I clicked on the 30 day eval again, and I got a message " Error: The remote server returned an error (403) Forbidden Activation Limit Exceeded for this Key.

When I tried to look at the Project properties,  it did not show what I was expecting.  I found the patch and installed, and the properties showed up correctly.  When trying to change the debug from none to Full, it brought up the licensing pop-up, but returned the same error message as above -limit exceeded.

In general, this extension for Atmel Studio is really going to be nice!  I've seen other attempts that just wouldn't cut it.

Also, when Atmel Studio opens, it brings up the start page where you can select a new project etc.  You should add an entry on this page for a new Arduino project.  I know you can access it via the menu bar, but it would be nice to find it on the start page.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2013 at 9:00pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Can't get debugger license - Activation Limit Exceeded for this Key
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2013 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Hi there, thanks for the note, yes I have put toooo much effort into this project but it is fun.

I will take a look at the activation window, I suspect that a successful start of the trial was not notified correctly. So subsequent attempts show the limit exceeded error.

I will email you a 30 day trial license key to test and an unrestricted key in a few days as a thank you.

. Please enter the key into the text box on the activation window and click "Activate"

Thanks very much for the report.

fyi: A license key can be added manually using "Tools>Options>Visual Micro>Application Features".
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2013 at 9:00pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Can't get debugger license
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2013 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
By the way, thanks for the suggestion about the start page. It's a great idea, I will investigate
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2013 at 2:12pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Can't get debugger license - Activation Limit Exceeded for this Key
Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
This problem can happen if Visual Micro attempts to start a trial when a trial has previously already be used.

If you would like to start a new trial then please email us at trials [at] visualmicro.,com
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2015 at 11:32pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint