Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A new instance of "AS6.1 VM extension unable to create the project". (Read 2773 times)
mtngardener
Newbies

A new instance of "AS6.1 VM extension unable to create the project".
Jun 25th, 2013 at 7:03am
Print Post  
I have the same problem as Ed Edsyl had in his thread from May 23rd.  I get the message:

Visual Micro: Invalid Visual Studio SETUP Request Detected - Exiting visual micro setup due to an invalid visual studio cm_uisetup request!

It seems that there isn't a fix for this.  Due to other projects I have going, I have VS Express 2012 installed, along with whatever aspects of VS2010 were installed by my attempt to install AS6.1.   

Are there any specific debug suggestions I could follow?  I installed the latest version of VS 2012 Express, and I just installed AS6.1 last week from the latest MSI downloaded from the Visual Micro site.

Thanks!
mtngardener

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: A new instance of "AS6.1 VM extension unable to create the project".
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Hi,

1)

Thanks for the reminder, I knew there was a report somewhere that hadn't been resolved.

This error appears when the VS components are not working correctly. The plugin raises this message if the information Visual Studio is providing about the tool bars or menus is wrong.

In Visual Studio, the tool bars and menus are office tool bars and menus. This is how MS products work, sharing the tool bar and menu management system.

So my only recommendation would be to ensure that your windows and ms office are fully up to date.

I assume you tried the /resetaddin from the wiki?

2)

Quote:
Re: A new instance of "AS6.1 VM extension unable to create the project".

The subject of this thread appears to differ from the posted report. After Atmel loads and you have seen the error do you see a Tools>Arduino menu?

What are you seeing that causes you to report "Unable to create project"?

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint