Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Spark Core (Read 8866 times)
MilanS
Newbies

Spark Core
Aug 24th, 2014 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Hi,

just purchased Visual Micro. Im prototyping on Arduino, but would like to use Spark Core as well:

https://www.spark.io/

How do I set it up?

Thanks,
Milan

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Spark Core
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Good question. It looks like an interesting project but different.

The easiest solution would be if you can find guideline for setting up arduino 1.5 with a spark custom hardware definition.

Visual Micro does support a few features over and above 1.5 so if it can't be done for 1.5 all is not lost.

We will need a set of local sources libs/core etc. As far as I can see from a quick scan spark.io is a hosted solution. Can see much about building locally except for the upload is mentioned which is "slightly" similar to STM32 which we already support.

What info have yo got? Are you new to Arduino?

IP Logged

MilanS
Newbies

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
It doesnt use Arduino 1.5 directly, but it is possible to set it up to get it compiling locally:

https://community.spark.io/t/how-to-video-for-compiling-locally-in-windows/2457

http://docs.spark.io/cli/

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Yes it looks like it should drop in okay. It's an interesting project that builds on the mesh projects that the Yun, Intel and others are also pushing but using small hardware.

I like the idea of the Arduino + TI for WiFi

By the sound of it the project also supports normal Arduino usb upload I suggest you start with that because it is easier to prove the compile/upload and I suspect a hell of a lot faster during upload.

Visual Micro also supports the Yun which also optionally uses remote ssl upload. It might need some extra tweaking for the spark board and will certainly be the slower more fiddly bit to get working.

So first job is to download the core to a new architecture folder and create your arduino boards.txt and platform.txt config files in 1.5 format.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint