Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic First time user - Issues with Teensy Beta 10 (Read 6928 times)
eater91_
Newbies

First time user - Issues with Teensy Beta 10
Mar 12th, 2015 at 9:57am

Hi guys,

after looking for a more advance Arduino IDE, i found your product. It was easy to install, which is a big plus compared to some other solutions.

Unfortunately, i experienced some issues. To be exaxt i try to develop programs for the Teensy 3.1 Board.

First of all, there is no code completition for me. In Options => Text Editor => All Languages, everythings activated.
If i choose for Example "Arduino 1.6 and Arduino Due", i get code suggestions using Ctrl+Space.

Choosing Teensy again, Ctrl+Space does nothing.

Seconds issue is... after Updating from Teensyduino for Arduino 1.6.X Beta 7 to Arduino 1.6.X Beta 10, i got the following error trying to compile :

Code
Select All
Compiling 'MPU6050_tests' for 'Teensy 3.1'
arm-none-eabi-gcc*:error: {build.flags.ldspecs}: No such file or directory
Error creating .elf

Sadly, installing beta 7 again, does not fix the issue...

Can you guys please give me some hints for a trip-proof start into using Visiual Micro ?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

IP Logged

boo
Newbies

Re: First time user - Issues with Teensy Beta 10
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 4:20am

eater91_ wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 9:57am:
Seconds issue is... after Updating from Teensyduino for Arduino 1.6.X Beta 7 to Arduino 1.6.X Beta 10, i got the following error trying to compile :

Code
Select All
[...]
arm-none-eabi-gcc*:error: {build.flags.ldspecs}: No such file or directory
Error creating .elf

[...]

Can you guys please give me some hints for a trip-proof start into using Visiual Micro ?

I must admit I don't know what is the right way to fix this issue. However, here is what works fine for me:

1. Open the Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\platform.txt file.
  2. Edit the following section:
    Code
    Select All
    ## Link
    recipe.c.combine.pattern="{compiler.path}{build.toolchain}{build.command.gcc}" {build.flags.optimize} {build.flags.ld} {build.flags.ldspecs} {build.flags.cpu} -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" {object_files} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "-L{build.path}" {build.flags.libs} 

to:
    Code
    Select All
    ## Link
    ## recipe.c.combine.pattern="{compiler.path}{build.toolchain}{build.command.gcc}" {build.flags.optimize} {build.flags.ld} {build.flags.ldspecs} {build.flags.cpu} -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" {object_files} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "-L{build.path}" {build.flags.libs}
    recipe.c.combine.pattern="{compiler.path}{build.toolchain}{build.command.gcc}" {build.flags.optimize} {build.flags.ld} --specs=nano.specs {build.flags.cpu} -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" {object_files} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "-L{build.path}" {build.flags.libs}

3. Restart Visual Studio.

The linker should work fine again.

There is a bug in the Visual Micro plugin that does not handle the boards.txt file correctly regarding the {build.flags.ldspecs} macro. However, I have no idea of how to fix it the right way. Embarrassed

I've reported this buggy behavior in another forum.

ADMIN: It's not buggy just a new teensy feature that visual micro needs to now support. It's always best to avoid beta and immediate new releases of Ide's because it's impossible to expect Visual Micro to know of these changes before they are released.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2015 at 2:35pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 5:44am

Please follow the documentation and release notes which do not yet support teensy beta

If you use beta you have to take more interest and care. The teensy beta changed daily over last few weeks so unfair for anyone to think it will magically work with every visual micro version.

Don't use beta unless you know what you are doing and want to help not hinder

Or send us a crystal ball Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2015 at 5:47am by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

boo
Newbies

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 6:07am

Thank you for your quick answer. Wink

IP Logged

KurtE
Newbies

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 4:05pm

FYI - It is no longer beta, it was Teensyduino 1.21 was released 5 days ago.
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/28057-Teensyduino-1-21-Released

I am new to trying to use Visual Micro for this, but like what I see.  Look foreword to having it fully work with the latest releases.  Thanks for your hard work on this!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 4:13pm

Thanks. We will support is shortly  Smiley

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 11:23pm

Hi,

Please see current status in our release notes and also see the Teensy page for configuration instructions

http://www.visualmicro.com/page/Visual-Micro-Product-Version-History-Fixes-and-A...
http://www.visualmicro.com/page/Teensy-for-Microsoft-Visual-Studio.aspx

Due to the fact that all Arduino 1.6.1 Teensy definitions are listed as AVR we will not be able to support it for a while. The above provides initial untested support for Teensy 121 with Arduino 1.0.x. Please follow the new releases section of the forum for future notifications about Teensy.

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint