Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How to use Timer0 in your Visual Studio project (Read 2691 times)
SwissRoLL
Newbies

How to use Timer0 in your Visual Studio project
Aug 16th, 2015 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Hi All,
I have a project where I need to have all 3 timers in PWM mode, and their associated interrupts as well. I use very little of the ardunio core library apart from Serial (and probably the boot vectors).

However the project won't build due to ISR(TIMER0_OVF_vect) already defined in wiring.c
cora.a(wiring.c.o)*:In function 'delayMicroseconds'
collect2*:error ld returned 1 exit status
Error creating .elf
Is there a simple way of removing the arduino core from the build (or include just parts of it), as the inclusion of core.a doesn't appear to be in the project properties under dev studio.

Thanks

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: How to use Timer0 in your Visual Studio project
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
An arduino.h include and compile of the files in core are always made, it's how arduino works.

But you can create your own cores, starting with a clone of the arduino core and then changing or removing whatever you want.

You should also ensure you are using visual micro in release mode or via SoftwareSerial otherwise Serial will also be included in your program (behind the scenes)

Cloning a core is not that simple. What can be easier is to clone your arduino ide then hack the arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint