Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Visual Micro extension installation problem (Read 2557 times)
blj
Newbies

Visual Micro extension installation problem
Oct 5th, 2015 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Hello,
I’m having some serious problems with the  new extension of Visual Micro.
I installed it into my Visual Studio 2013 and it is totally unusable.
First of all, now I have Visual Micro listed in two places, once as a New menu item and  once as it was before under the Tools menu.
Both show almost the same submenes with a few exceptions but nothing from the new features seem to work.
I can’t select a different IDE or board or Com port or view/add libraries.
When I try to use any of the above items, nothing happens other that it throws me back to the main page.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Visual Micro extension, but I can’t figure out how to do it.
It is not under the installed programs list and when I rerun the installation, it tells me that it is already installed, so I’m stuck with it.
There is no option to uninstall or repair like in the old Visual Micro installer.
I can compile and upload/run older projects created in the previous version, but that’s about it.
I need to fix this, please help.
Additional information:
Windows 7
Visual Studio 2013
Arduino IDE 1.6.4
Installation:
Installed Visual Micro extension using the installer package 
Uninstalled older Visual Micro using the Uninstall option from the older installer package
Deleted remaining folders of the old Visual Micro 
Ran the cleanup  Old Versions  utility from the Visual Studio Help menu, although I don’t believe it works
Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks,

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Visual Micro extension installation problem
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the post.

This means you have not uninstalled the older addin version. 

Please see the FAQ but it simply means you need to close VS and uninstall the older version via Control Panel>Add or remove programs.

Microsoft has designed the new extension system to be easier to use and less prone to problems. After you uninstall the old version of Visual Micro it should work OK. For your information extensions are updated/installed/uninstalled from within Visual Studio via "tools>options>extensions & updates"

You are right that the menu item to cleanup older UI items won't work because the older system is still running so it recreates the UI everytime VS starts

VS2015 doesn't support the older addin system hence the move.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint