Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re: Help with MPIDE 150 with Visual Micro (Read 1787 times)
Peter M
Newbies

Re: Help with MPIDE 150 with Visual Micro
Oct 19th, 2015 at 12:33am
Print Post  
Hi,

I have working code which compiles fine on MPIDE150. When I use the latest downloaded version of Visual Micro with Visual 2015 it will not compile.

The first error appears to be around the MPIDEVER setting not being used by the compiler. In the latest version there are a number of compile IFDEFs which use MPIDEVER however it is trying to compile against the older version of MPIDE.

The next issues appear to around the board configurations not being passed to the compiler correctly.

I am using a Chipkit WF32. I have attached the source code of the project.

If anyone can provide any assistance in getting this working that would be great.

Thanks

Peter
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2015 at 12:40am by Peter M »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Peter M
Newbies

Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2015 at 12:35am
Print Post  
The associated libraries are here -> http://www.digilentinc.com/Agreement.cfm?DocID=DSD-0000318 (Too large to post on here)

Details compiler info shows the the MPIDEVER is set to 16777997 where it should be 16777998 value less than it should and MPIDE=23 which maybe should be 150.

Board Properties
name=chipKIT WF32
group=chipKIT
platform=pic32
board=_BOARD_WF32_
board.define=
ccflags=ffff
ldscript=chipKIT-application-32MX695F512.ld
upload.protocol=stk500v2
upload.maximum_size=520192
upload.speed=115200
bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
bootloader.high_fuses=0xdd
bootloader.extended_fuses=0x00
bootloader.path=not-supported
bootloader.file=not-supported
bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F
build.mcu=32MX695F512L
build.f_cpu=80000000L
build.core=pic32
build.variant=WF32
runtime.ide.path=C:\Data\mpide-0150
build.system.path=C:\Data\mpide-0150\hardware\pic32\system
runtime.ide.version=150
target_package=pic32
target_platform=pic32
runtime.hardware.path=C:\Data\mpide-0150\hardware
originalid=chipkit_WF32
-tools\pic32mx\include;

compiler.always_include_sketchfolder=true
compiler.platform.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/{platform}/
compiler.path={compiler.platform.path}compiler/pic32-tools/bin/
compiler.core.path={compiler.platform.path}cores/pic32
compiler.c.cmd=pic32-gcc
s::-g3::-mdebugger::-Wcast-align::-fno-short-double::-fframe-base-loclist
compiler.cpp.cmd=pic32-g++
base-loclist
compiler.S.flags=-O2::-g1::-c::-Wa,--gdwarf-2
loc,load::--no-change-warnings::--change-section-lma::.eeprom=0
compiler.ar.cmd=pic32-ar
compiler.ar.flags=rcs
compiler.objcopy.cmd=pic32-objcopy
compiler.c.elf.cmd=pic32-g++
nostartfiles
compiler.elf2hex.flags=-a
compiler.elf2hex.cmd=pic32-bin2hex
compiler.ldflags=
compiler.size.cmd=pic32-size
compiler.define=-DMPIDEVER=16777997 {board.define} -DMPIDE=23 -DARDUINO=23  -D{board} -DVM_TOOLCHAIN_VER={runtime.ide.version}
build.extra_flags=
build.ldscript=chipKIT-BL.ld
recipe.c.o.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.c.cmd}" {compiler.define} {compiler.c.flags} -mprocessor={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} {build.extra_flags}  {includes} "{source_file}" -o "{object_file}"
recipe.cpp.o.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.define} {compiler.cpp.flags} -mprocessor={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} {build.extra_flags}  {includes} "{source_file}" -o "{object_file}"
recipe.s.o.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.define}  {compiler.S.flags} -mprocessor={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} {build.extra_flags}  {includes} "{source_file}" -o "{object_file}"
recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}"
recipe.c.combine.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.c.elf.cmd}" {compiler.c.elf.flags} -mprocessor={build.mcu}  -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" {object_files} "{build.path}/{archive_file}"  -L"{build.path}" -lm -T "{compiler.core.path}/{ldscript}" -T "{compiler.core.path}/chipKIT-application-COMMON.ld"
recipe.objcopy.eep.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.objcopy.cmd}" {compiler.objcopy.eep.flags} "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.eep"
recipe.objcopy.hex.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.elf2hex.cmd}" {compiler.elf2hex.flags} "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf"
recipe.size.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.size.cmd}" "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf"
recipe.size.regex=\s([0-9]+)
version=1.6.0
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2015 at 3:44am by Peter M »  

IP Logged

Peter M
Newbies

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2015 at 3:59am
Print Post  
Looking at the MPIDE 023 test its compile settings are

C ic32-g++  -O2  -c  -mno-smart-io  -w  -fno-exceptions  -ffunction-sections  -fdata-sections  -g3  -mdebugger  -Wcast-align  -fno-short-double  -fframe-base-loclist  -mprocessor=32MX695F512L  -DF_CPU=80000000L  -DARDUINO=19  -D_BOARD_WF32_    -DMPIDEVER=16778002  -DMPIDE=150      -IC

Note this version DOES NOT compile the project I uploaded with the latest lib because this is to recent a version however I am using it illustrate that the settings for board need adjusting in Visual Micro.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2015 at 4:06am by Peter M »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2015 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

You will see on the mpide web site that they are currently in beta with the new format that is compatible with Arduino 1.6 Board manager tool. This is good news for Visual Micro and makes supporting Mpide much easier/cleaner.

I didn't know they had released v150 of their Ide, I will test it but you can try to make changes yourself by editing the platform.txt. 

Click "tools>options>visual micro>version>assembly location" to find where visual micro is installed.

My Visual Micro is in "D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\pbvrk5fm.sgf"

Below the Visual Micro folder is "\Micro Platforms\mpide\hardware\pic32\platform.txt"

In platform.txt is the following which you can change:-

Code
Select All
compiler.define=-DMPIDEVER=16777997 {board.define} -DMPIDE=23 -DARDUINO=23  -D{board} -DVM_TOOLCHAIN_VER={runtime.ide.version}

I am not sure if this will help you but it tested Ok for me and is in the next release. I will try their Board Manager version as soon as I can because it's a game changer for Visual Micro and Pic.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2015 at 1:11pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Peter M
Newbies

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2015 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Awesome. I will give that a go. I was not sure where that info was kept. I will report back.

Also it appears that it is trying to compile file.x when I don't think these should be compiled. Is there a way to get the compiler to ignore that extension? I think this may be causing the problems with the ardunio libraries I am using.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2015 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
The latest release of Visual Micro supports the latest MPIDE but also supports the new chipKIT core which can be used with the Arduino 1.6 Ide. 

The chipKIT core will be the recommended solution because it's cleaner and better than the mpide (from an Arduino perspective)

The chipKIT core is here http://chipkit.net/wiki/index.php?title=ChipKIT_core

Expand the core to "mydocuments\arduino\hardware" then restart Visual Micro or click "Micro Explorer>Rescan"
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2015 at 2:52pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint