Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic VS2015/Visual Micro: Does not recognize some constants from the hardware/sam folder (Read 2037 times)
DrTurkelten_
Newbies

VS2015/Visual Micro: Does not recognize some constants from the hardware/sam folder
Dec 12th, 2015 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Hi,

1st my example code:

My question now is:

When I type in "ID_TC7", it is red underlined. It says that it is not defined. But it can show me the definition, as you can see in the picture. Why is that?

And the whole line with "TC_Configure(blabla...)" is underlined red.

When I copy the code to the original Arduino IDE it works.

I selected the right IDE and the Board (Arduino DUE). I uninstalled VS, VM and the ArduinoIDE, too. (and of course reinstalled it =))

By the way: i use the the 1.6.0 IDE because the hardware/sam folder is in the Arduino-Folder and not somewhere in the c:\User.... folder. But I didn't work with 1.6.6, too.

Do someone know, what I might have done wrong?

big greets
DrTurkelten

P.S.: English is not my native language, so i hope you can understand me anyway Smiley Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: VS2015/Visual Micro: Does not recognize some constants from the hardware/sam folder
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

First of all not important but I would use 1.6.1 instead of 1.6.0 or 1.5.8. Both of these ide's are the same and should be used with the Arduino 1.5.x option in visual micro.

From 1.6.2 things changed a lot for arduino, as you have said, so the Visual Micro Arduino 1.6.x application option is tuned for those changes. 

Another benefit of the two different config options is that you can use both together and easily switch between them via toolbar or menu.

I found that a number of include paths for sam were missing for intellisense. There is a new release of visual micro in the gallery (tools>extensions and updates) which I hope helps?

Look forward to hearing, thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint