Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Compiling Intel Edison Code with the MRAA library (Read 3008 times)
Nullio
Newbies

Compiling Intel Edison Code with the MRAA library
Jan 20th, 2016 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I'm trying to get a simple example project to compile in Visual Studio with the visual micro extension (code is here: https://github.com/sparkfun/SparkFun_9DOF_Block_for_Edison_CPP_Library/blob/mast...).

I've installed all the required intel SDK's and I can compile this fine in Eclipse but I would really like to use visual studio.

The problem I'm having is I See the Edison board listed under "Ardino 1.6" but when compiling this is not including the intel MRAA library includes. Also if I choose "Intel" from the drop down I have 0 boards listed.

Is there anyway to have visual micro compile with intels "i586-poky-linux-g++.exe" compiler and include the MRAA headers?
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2016 at 1:51am by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Compiling Intel Edison Code with the MRAA library
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Hi,

Your should see the edision and other arduino boards in the toolbar boards list.

Which arduino ide version have you for installed?

Did you download the intel core using visual micro or using the Arduino Ide boards manager?

If you enable "Visual Micro>Verbose" you should see the compile is using the following g++ command:-  /i586-poky-linux-g++". 

Is that the command you see in the compiler output? If not then what are you seeing?

The MRAA library didn't appear in the arduino ide after I installed it. What do you do to compile it in eclipise?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint