Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) vis micro: need to access the IDE's RX and TX pin values as set in the micro debugger options (Read 6604 times)
GeeTee

vis micro: need to access the IDE's RX and TX pin values as set in the micro debugger options
Jan 22nd, 2016 at 12:16am
Print Post  
These options are not exposed to my code.   Can you please expose them

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: vis micro: need to access the IDE's RX and TX pin values as set in the micro debugger options
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Please read the answers in your previous post. It's easier if you create only one post with the same questions thanks.

http://www.visualmicro.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1453311589/0#0
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2016 at 1:06pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

GeeTee

Re: vis micro: need to access the IDE's RX and TX pin values as set in the micro debugger options
Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 2:02am
Print Post  
still not fixed. when can you release the fix

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
I am sorry I don't understand. I can't see what there is to fix.

In the link above I gave you a way to avoid using the RX/TX pins in the Visual Micro settings. I explained how to use your own SoftwareSerial object that you have instantiated in your own code with your own RX/TX pins.

So please explain why you need the rx/tx pins to be made available to your code?

IP Logged

GeeTee

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
the rx trx is just an example. I need access to ALL the variablesi./  can you provide?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
I don't understand. What exactly do you need please give some examples?

IP Logged

GeeTee

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
i need access to every vismicro variable - e.g. rx, tx, baud rate, etc.  - all that is in the Micro Debugger that is set through your IDE

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
They could be provided but if you are using your own SoftwareSerial object why would they be needed?

I would also expect that you could add your own variables to the Visual Micro properties (RX, TX, SPEED) if ever required

IP Logged

GeeTee

Reply #8 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
my need has nothing to do with software serial.   I only gave you an example.  you expose some variables - why not expose all of your ide variables?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2016 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
It doesn't make sense to expose all the variables. very few are related to running code and if you switch on Verbose you will see that the important ones are available as -D defines.

You can also add your own using the "Extra defines" property. You can also set a DEBUG level allowing #if DEBUG type syntax.

If you can give any example of something that you need that isn't available I can look into it but I can't see what that would be that is not already available.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint