Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ChipKit MPIDE no longer supported (Read 4706 times)
Fred Cailloux

ChipKit MPIDE no longer supported
Mar 14th, 2016 at 3:03am
Print Post  
In the VIsual Micro instruction on how to implement chipKit hardware it is sited that "Oct 2015 - ChipKIT is not fully supported. Using the chipKIT core with Arduino 1.6 and Visual Micro is recommended over the MPIDE"
As of February 2016 it appear that MPIDE is no longer supported and has been ruled out over Arduino IDE and chipKit-core. Since MPIDE is no longer supported what is the suggested procedure in order to get my chipKit board compatible with my newly installed Visual Micro IDE ? Instructions on the Visual Micro WEB site are not clear as to how we can implement chipKit boards. Any suggestions ? Thanks for your support.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: ChipKit MPIDE no longer supported
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 10:49am
Print Post  
If I understand the question correctly you simply need to install the standard arduino ide and follow the chipKIT core set-up guide. Then you configure the Arduino 1.6 location in Visual Micro.

IP Logged

Fred Cailloux

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
That simple! Sometime we tend to see things more complicated then they really are.
OK, Now that I see the "Arduino 1.6  \  Cerebot MX7 ck  \ COM4 " on my IDE, I can assume to be able to compile and upload my code. pls confirm.

Also, In the drop list I see two choices for my board. They are "Cerebot MX7 ck"  and  "chipKIT pro MX7". Both are the correct name for my board, I assume. The question is: Is there a difference between the two ? On my board I can read clearly "Cerebot MX7 ck" but I have used "chipKIT pro MX7" on the UECIDE software. Any chance of screwing something up if I choose the wrong one (if any) ?
Thanks

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
They are not really questions that I can answer but need to be answered by the manufacturer in their forum.

Normally for Arduino type boards you are prevented from causing a problem if you attempt to upload to the wrong type of board. It is an easy mistake to make so ChipKIT have probably designed their tools to cater for this but that's just my guess.

Visual micro simply reads the config files, shows the boards that it finds and during build runs the tools specified by the config. So it doesn't have any knowledge of the specific hardware.

Maybe send the question to the mpide team on twitter or their forum because they create the names you see in the board list.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint