Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) Cannot locate library! (Read 4402 times)
paolo48

Cannot locate library!
Mar 8th, 2018 at 11:21am
Print Post  
I am a long time user of VisualMicro, but sometime I find very nasty behavior on library deep search.
This time I am trying to #include a library that I have reloaded from github deleting the one I was previously using.
No way to find the .h file, while using Arduino 1.8.6 IDE find the library and compile OK!
It is like it keep somewhere the record of the previous library that has been deleted. I also try to deleted the project file and made a new project....but still the same error!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Cannot locate library!
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Answering all of these questions should help pin point the issue.

What is the name of the library folder?
Where is the library folder located?
What are the include names of the .h files you have #included in your sketch?
Which version of Visual Micro are you using? (find version in tools>extensions and updates>arduino/vm)
What is in the architectures= tag of the file in the library folder called library.properties?

Thanks

IP Logged

paolo48

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
The library folder is /RadioHead/[ and is located in Arduino schetch /libraries directory.
The include is <RH_RF95.h>
The properties file is not present in the folder!
The VisualMicro version 1801.27.0
Thanks for your help.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Thanks

Please switch on vmicro>compiler>verbose

Then build and post the output at a .txt or email to info[at]visualmicro.com along with a link to this thread

IP Logged

paolo48

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
There you go:
Compiling 'LoRaLowPowerTransmit' for 'Arduino Pro or Pro Mini w/ ATmega328P (3.3V, 8 MHz)'
Build Folder: atmega328/Release
Summary: Header=1 Prototypes=5 Imports=4
Additional Defines: 
Architecture Tools: file:///d:/Program%20Files/Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/
Api: 1.1801.27-0
Sketch Book: file:///d:/Users/pbecc/OneDrive/Arduino
Sketch Include Paths
Core Include Paths
Include Path file:///d:/Program%20Files/Arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino
Include Path ts
Searching for libraries ...
"d:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p   -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10804 -DARDUINO_AVR_PRO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"d:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" -I"d:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\eightanaloginputs" 28\Release\LoRaLowPowerTransmit.cpp" -o "nul"
"d:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p   -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10804 -DARDUINO_AVR_PRO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"d:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" -I"d:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\eightanaloginputs" -I"d:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SPI\src" 28\Release\LoRaLowPowerTransmit.cpp" -o "nul"
"d:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p   -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10804 -DARDUINO_AVR_PRO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"d:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" -I"d:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\eightanaloginputs" -I"d:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SPI\src" -I"d:\Users\pbecc\OneDrive\Arduino\libraries\RH_RF95" 28\Release\LoRaLowPowerTransmit.cpp" -o "nul"

LoRaLowPowerTransmit.ino: 35:21: fatal error: RH_RF95.h: No such file or directory
   #include <RH_RF95.h>
   compilation terminated

IP Logged

paolo48

Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
I note that is try to include a folder that I have deleted :"d:\Users\pbecc\OneDrive\Arduino\libraries\RH_RF95"
The new folder is
:"d:\Users\pbecc\OneDrive\Arduino\libraries\RadioHead"
but it is not looking there!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #6 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Did you click rescan or restart the ide after making changes outside of the ide?

IP Logged

paolo48

Reply #7 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Yes I have restarted Visual Studio.
I also have tried deleting project file and restart a new Arduino project... Still looking only to the old folder!

IP Logged

paolo48

Reply #8 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Sorry in reality I don't have deleted the folder I just renamed the .h and .cpp files inside the RH_RF95 directory!
May be renaming the folder will solve the problem!
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2018 at 3:47pm by paolo48 »  

IP Logged

paolo48

Reply #9 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
I can confirm...renaming the directory, solve the problem!  Deep search rescanned all libraries to locate RH_RF95.h file, and find it in the right place!
Is this normal?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #10 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Thanks. So in effect you had a library folder of the same but it did not contain any valid source files.

It's a rare issue but will try to tighten visual micro in future releases so it ignores the folder.

Thanks for the great detail.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint