Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Undeletable Breakpoints (Read 1089 times)
Bob Jones

Undeletable Breakpoints
May 4th, 2018 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
I am having trouble with breakpoints that won't delete. Especially annoying is the horizontal black bar that appears where the debugging icon would, but it is in the middle of a section of comments. There are compile errors associated with this breakpoint, but I cannot delete the breakpoint. I have tried disabling it and then deleting it, but it's like a bad penny. It just comes back.

How do I find ALL breakpoints and delete them? And what is the horizontal black bar all about?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Undeletable Breakpoints
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2018 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
well here is some info that might or might not help. an image of the issue would help as it's not something i have seen or heard about but here goes

visual studio entirely manages how breakpoints work in the editor

vs2017 has had a lot of bugs in vs2017 so make sure you are on up to date version of visual studio via tools>extensions and updates>updates

the visual studio "debug>windows>breakpoints" list gives more reliable control of breakpoints than the right click context menu next to a line of code.

the compile state should not have an affect on breakpoints

visual studio saves breakpoints for each solution when the solution is saved. so if you delete breakpoints and want to ensure the state is saved then click on the solution in the explorer and then click save.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint