Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic is Atmel Studio still free ?? (Read 2740 times)
donovan.P
Newbies

is Atmel Studio still free ??
Jun 4th, 2018 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
I used Atmel Studio a couple of years ago and i remember it as a very good alternative to the arduino IDE (mainly because of VS's syntax check). i have a couple of small upcoming projects and i would like to use it again.I have used the free version and just used the serial.write as   
a debugger that worked fine for the type of thing that i am doing. since i don't use it too often i cannot justify buying it at this moment. so from what i gather from the message on the on the main padge is that i can use it for the next 90 days and after that there will be a nag screen.but there is still full functionality? i can totally live with that until i find it feasible to support this fine project.So mostly out of shame, my question is may i use this software in this mode even though i may never actually buy it? I hope you understand that i don't want to just use your work in this mode because i want to rob you, or that your project is insignificant in any way but basically because of my financial situation i just can't justify buying something like this for me basically just mucking around with it. thank you for making such a great project.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: is Atmel Studio still free ??
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Hi,

On the IDE front Microsoft released the Community editions of Visual Studio some time ago so VS2017 is free for personal use. Atmel uses the VisualAssistX plugin for intellisense.

Thanks for the consideration about purchasing. Writing a blog about Visual Micro or updating the outdated Visual Micro community page on the Arduino.cc playground or posting a good youtube etc. (with link(s) to visualmicro.com) would earn anyone a free licence. 

Thanks

« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:36am by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

donovan.P
Newbies

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Thank you, i do have a small youtube channel that i will use to promote this software.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Great thanks. Pls send me links to look when you publish stuff.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint