Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Build and show binary (Read 3362 times)
Svein
Newbies

Build and show binary
Nov 2nd, 2018 at 8:46am
Print Post  
When i'm building and want to save the firmware for later use or manual upload i always have to modify the binary path shown in compile output

Sample path displayed:
e.ino.bin

That path contains one '/', all the other slashes are the other way (\) witch windows open file dialog accepts.

Also i miss an option to output the binary to a previously selected folder. so that all the binary's i compile end up in for example "D:\dropbox\firmware\projectname\projectname_001.bin"

I would rely appreciate this fix.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Build and show binary
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Hi,

On the vMicro>Compiler menu is an option to copy the build output to intermediate directory. The directory can be configured in the standard vs project properties, you can use standard vs $macros to build the path or hard code.

IP Logged

PeterShea
Newbies

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2021 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
I know this is an old post, but I'm new to VisualMicro. Could you please show how the directory/file is configured I can't find the option anywhere in the Visual Studio solution property!

And if the file itself is not configurable, which of the many files created in the intermediate directory is the firmware binary that can be loaded?  When I create a binary in the intermediate directory, there's x.bin, x.elf, x.ino.bin, x.ino.elf, x.ino.generic.bin, ...
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2021 at 6:38pm by PeterShea »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2021 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Hi, the Visual Studio project properties can be accessed from a few locations such as the project menu. However, if you right click the project name in the solution explorer and click "Properties" that also works.

The formware is responsible for creating the binaries. If you switch on "vMicro>Uploader>Verbose" and then upload, you will see the command the firmware uses to upload and which file it uses.

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments
IP Logged

PeterShea
Newbies

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2021 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Tim - thanks for your reply. Perfect!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint