Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) All libraries missing...maybe? (Read 2871 times)
Luxton
Newbies

All libraries missing...maybe?
Nov 13th, 2018 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Hey all,

I've been searching for the last few hours, but haven't been able to find a problem like mine (or, I'm blind, sorry if that's the case and this has already been asked/answered!).

I'm not entirely sure what happened (great troubleshooting, I know), but all of a sudden it's like vs micro has lost access to all the libraries.  The problem I'm seeing are things like "#include" statements are underlined with <cannot open source file "(filename)"> as a tooltip, "String" is underlined with <identifier "String" is undefined>, Serial - <identifier "Serial" is undefined>, pinMode, digitalWrite, etc.  Obviously something is missing.

I have rebooted multiple times, I have reinstalled vs micro, I have reinstalled the Arduino IDE. I've verified all the settings in the Arduino IDE are correct (and the same project does build successfully in the Arduino IDE that won't build in vs.net). I've checked (and rechecked) the IDE settings in vs micro.

I wouldn't doubt that it's something simple I'm missing, but I can't find it for the life of me.  Has anyone run into this, or have any ideas?

Cheers!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: All libraries missing...maybe?
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Assuming you can still see the libraries in the "add library" lists then the issue is probably that you have renamed the project or .ino and now they do not match.

An arduino ide project should normally be a folder and an .ino both with the same name. Visual Micro extends this rule to stipulate that the project should also be in the folder with the .ino and share the same name.

If these three name rules are not followed then visual micro will "go to sleep" and will not maintain intellisense during that period of time.

If this is not the issue then check if the libraries you mention are ide libraries or user installed libraries? + Confirm which Ide option you have selected in visual micro.

IP Logged

Luxton
Newbies

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
I can indeed still see the libraries in add library, and they do say they're installed...

All project files, and the folder they're in, are named the same (I actually ran into this before, but I made the change and noticed it right away, so was able to switch it back, lol)

The libraries are SPI, Ethernet, DNS, SD, DallasTemperature, etc. If it were just included libraries that were being ignored that would be one thing, but String isn't recognized anymore even.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Please show screen shot of the entire ide when the project is open.

Is build and upload working?
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2018 at 8:52pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Luxton
Newbies

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Here is the VS IDE with the vs micro config screen open, both paths do exists.

No, build and upload don't work.  With the errors, it won't compile at all.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2018 at 11:10pm by Luxton »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Repeat of my message from below ...

An arduino ide project should normally be a folder and an .ino both with the same name. Visual Micro extends this rule to stipulate that the project should also be in the folder with the .ino and share the same name.

If these three name rules are not followed then visual micro will "go to sleep" and will not maintain intellisense during that period of time.

Three rules!
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2018 at 10:46am by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Luxton
Newbies

Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
So, file naming like this?  You asked for a pic of the IDE, not the file structure... What suggests in that picture that I haven't?  Am I missing something?  The IDE location is correct, and the sketchbook is in U:\Arduino\ (U:\Arduino\Sketches).

I've also attached a pic of the file structure as well, so you can see that everything is named appropriately.

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
I need to see the first image you posted again but this time before making the image switch to normal view by clicking the "Show all files" button above the solution explorer. This will show us the internal name of your project.

Thanks

IP Logged

Luxton
Newbies

Reply #8 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Thank you, the project did have a different name.  I always have VS showing all files, so I completely missed that!!

Cheers!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint