Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is my Registered software still valid? (Read 1082 times)
castingflame

Is my Registered software still valid?
Nov 22nd, 2018 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
I have come back to VS IDE for Arduino after purchasing a licence back for the 'Pro' debugger features in 2015. To be honest I didn't really use it as I had a break from electronics.

I have started back again at the start of the year and I want to move away from the Arduino IDE.

I remembered I purchased this so tried to install the Pro licence but it failed Cry   Is this because the new licence model makes my licence worthless?

I am unemployed and just using this for fun but if I need to, I will purchase it for the debugger features and I generally use 2 different machines in my house.

I will mainly want to use STM32f103 (Blue Pill) and greater uC for use with debugging and the GDB will hopefully do want I want. I will also do a little standard Arduino stuff too.
EDIT: GDB or the standard debugging you offer.

Summing up, is my previous licence worth anything for an unemployed hobbyist with 2 machines wanting the debug features? If not I may see if I can get it as a Christmas present.

Thanks, Paul
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2018 at 8:40pm by castingflame »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Is my Registered software still valid?
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Visual Micro is not currently the best solution for GDB.

Normally you should pay the $20 annual support for support/updates and licence reactivation. It keeps the project running and also removes the nag screen on first build.

If you email your key to info[at]visualmicro.com we will reset your key but please bear this in mind for the future.

If your original purchase was the single machine you will need to upgrade. You can ask about that when you email.

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint