Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How to fix linkage? It's pulling stdbool.h from Microsoft folder (Read 958 times)
Will_Flanery
Newbies

How to fix linkage? It's pulling stdbool.h from Microsoft folder
Jan 21st, 2019 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to change all my non-main .ino files to .cpp/.h.

The file uses boolean variables, but after changing to a .cpp, it no longer recognized bool type, so I added #include <Arduino.h> , but the problem persists.

If I right-click on Arduino.h and "Open Document", everything looks fine.  If I then right-click (inside Arduino.h) on "#include <stdbool.h>" and click "Open Document", then the file it opens is NOT in the Arduino directory.  It's in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.14.26428\include

How can I fix this?  I'm not clear on how the project settings work with Visual Micro.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: How to fix linkage? It's pulling stdbool.h from Microsoft folder
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2019 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
The intellisense is VS intellisense so not always 100%. 

The build is Visual Micro and always correct.

You will see Microsoft files sometimes in the intellisense but never in the build.

It's possible to switch the "Errors List" to "Build Only", then you will see more accurate results.

The intellisense and build differs for all boards. So if you need an intellisense improvement then please state which board and toolchain you have installed.

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint