Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic changing the name of the project cause : Unable To create a sketch folder With this name 'x' (Read 1777 times)
JOHN SMITH
Newbies

changing the name of the project cause : Unable To create a sketch folder With this name 'x'
Jan 30th, 2019 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
I am trying to rename a visual micro project , i am using visual studio 2017 . 
I am using the simple way :
1- rename the .ino file .
2- A windows appears saying that the solution and folder will be renamed , and it involves saving and closing the file ..etc .
3- It closes the project then shows a pop up error saying :
Unable To create a sketch folder With this name 'xxxx'   The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

The antivirus is turned off , the folder is opened by another program . but it appears some process in visual studio is still accessing the folder ?!

by the way i tried the name process on another PC , it worked for multiple times , then the same error started appearing 

please help .

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: changing the name of the project cause : Unable To create a sketch folder With this name 'x'
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Maybe permissions I will look into it for future release. you can easily correct any issue. has the new folder been created along with .ino and vcproj of same name?

IP Logged

JOHN SMITH
Newbies

Re: changing the name of the project cause : Unable To create a sketch folder With this name 'x'
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
no neither the folder nor the vcxproj has not been renamed , only the .ino file.

however the project is being closed . 

and if it is a permission issue how do we grant permission to the plug in

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
I will have to look into it. You can edit the .sln file and .vcxproj file with notepad or other text editor. They are simple files so it is easy to change the names of things to whatever you want. The same can be used to copy an existing sketch by first copying the folder then rename + edit of sln and or .vcxproj.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint