Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Arduino IDE for Visual Studio

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-
  • Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties and Verbose
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

HomeSearch Tutorials & Wiki visualmicro.com LoginHelpRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No Linux Support? (Read 220 times)
MontanaMissile
Newbies

No Linux Support?
Mar 7th, 2019 at 5:27am

Hi all,
I just bought this extension and my HDD died about a week later.
I reinstalled a new drive and switched to linux since I hate what MS is doing to windows 10.
I was happy to see that visual studio is available in linux and I've already installed it, and the arduino IDE.  However, I can't seem to figure out how to install the VM extension into the linux distro of VS.

Any help is appreciated.

I'd really be quite surprised if linux is not supported.  most of the coders I know prefer linux in general.

IP Logged

Visual Micro
Administrator

United Kingdom
Re: No Linux Support?
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 11:10am

Hi,

Thanks for buying. Microsoft have not yet released Visual Studio for Linux. The Mac version is maturing but still does't support c++ and I have not heard them announce a Linux version yet.

I think the Linux software you are talking about is Visual Studio Code which is different to Visual Studio and might be a consideration in the future but right now it is too complex for most users because it lacks UI bars and menus etc. Also doesn't easily support multiple serial windows and charting (yet).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print