Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Missing uploader option "Atmel Studio JTAG ICE3 (JTAG)" (Read 1548 times)
Alexander Gräf
Newbies

Missing uploader option "Atmel Studio JTAG ICE3 (JTAG)"
Mar 19th, 2019 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
In the uploader options, there is the option to use:

Atmel Studio JTAG ICE3 (ISP)

This is favorable as the Atmel Studio built-in programming works more reliable with e.g. the ICE3 programmer. However, when debugging is required, it is necessary to switch the connection to JTAG. However, there is no corresponding programming mode, which might look like:

Atmel Studio JTAG ICE3 (JTAG)

Using "Atmel JTAGICE3 (JTAG mode)" isn't really reliable, and while using "Atmel Studio Device Programming" does work, I need to manually start the upload in the "Device Programming" dialog every time I do a build.

Can you please add an option so that Visual Micro will use the built-in JTAG programming from Atmel Studio in the same way it already works for ISP?

Thank you.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Missing uploader option "Atmel Studio JTAG ICE3 (JTAG)"
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
The programmers in the list are the ones provided by arduino.cc and some by a few users. 

The best option is to use the "Use Atmel Studio Device Programming" but I need to look into why you feel you have to manually start the upload each time you click "Start>Debug" or "Start>Without Debug".  Is this the issue?

Out of interest, have you got "Debugger>Use atmel studio debugging" enabled?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint